We welcome participation and support from the Colac area community.
Volunteers are crucial to our team!
Volunteers make a significant difference to the service Colac Area Health offers our community. Their contributions are extremely valuable and are crucial in supporting our consumers across the organisation.
Our volunteers work across Colac Area Health in a number of departments, including Aged Care, Palliative Care, Neighbourhood House and the Adult Day Activity Centre. They bring with them their own personal life experiences, which are greatly appreciated by staff and patients.
We support our volunteers:
Colac Area Health will ensure that each volunteer:
- receives an appropriate orientation to the organisation as well as in their designated area
- is given appropriate training to their role and department
- has their individual skills, abilities and own needs considered alongside the operational requirements of the appropriate ward or department
- is considered part of the team and are comfortable within our workplace
- only works when they are willing and able to do so.
Would you like to Volunteer at Colac Area Health?
At Colac Area Health, we are seeking volunteers who:
- feel they can contribute to providing “quality community care” across the Colac and district
- can demonstrate our core values – respect, integrity, leadership, partnerships, quality, innovation
- are reliable, punctual and professionally presented
- are willing to work as part of a team
- can take direction from a supervisor
- will undertake training as required
- enjoy contact with people from all different backgrounds
- are willing to commit to Colac Area Health and its policies and procedures.
For more information about becoming a volunteer at Colac Area Health, please contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator at email@example.com or phone 5232 5140.