Incontinence is the loss or partial loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Not a disease, it is a symptom
- Not part of growing old (an estimated one person in every twenty of all ages may have an incontinence problem)
- Not something that will get better on its own, and small problems have a habit of getting bigger!
At Colac Area Health, a Continence Advisor can offer you the following:
- Individual consultation, including assessment, advice, development of a Care Plan and referral for any further investigations required
- Advice with continence aids
- Information and education to individuals, community groups and training can be tailored to meet the needs of carers and health workers.
- Enuresis (bed wetting) consultation
- Children’s day wetting/soiling program
- Bowel Management Program
- Home visits
- Loan of books, videos and audio tapes on continence
Please seek help if you experience any of the following:
- Wetting when coughing, laughing or sneezing
- Wetting when exercising
- Dribbling or leaking
- A need to pass water frequently
- A need to wear a pad
Hours of Operation:
8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday
How to Contact:
Telephone: 5232 5202
Fax: 5232 5205